At Delgany Golf Club we are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information.
We understand that as a member or visitor using the Delgany web site, the privacy and the security of your confidential information when online is very important to you. The purpose of our Privacy Statement is to outline Delgany’s practices in this area.
We respect your right to privacy. Visitors are advised that each time they visit the Website, two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site. The second is information which is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
Through this Website you may have an opportunity to send us information, such as through e-mails, bookings, ‘Offers’ registration etc. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by this site for:
- the purposes for which it was provided by you;
- verification purposes and statistical analysis.
Collection and use of Personal Information
From time to time, we may collect and process certain kinds of information about you. For example, this may include the information you provide us on registration or a record of any correspondence you have with us. All information that we collect about you will be kept confidential with the following exceptions:
- information stored in the Members’ Area will be available for other members to use
(you can withdraw your consent to this use of your information at anytime by contacting us);
- We have received authorisation from you to do so or
- if disclosure is required or permitted by law.
We collect and process this information in order to help us to better understand the needs and interests of our members and visitors to the Website and to improve the functionality of our Website. We will process your personal information to provide club services to members and visitors including:
- to provide you with information relating to the club or associated events;
- to identify you in an online list of members in the Members’ Area available to other members of the club;
- to tailor the functionality/presentation of the Website and to make improvements
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
We use MailChimp to send our newsletter to both our members and non-members. MailChimp is a service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
The data stored when you registered for the newsletter (email address, IP address, and time and date of registration) will be sent to a server operated by The Rocket Science Group in the United States and stored there in accordance with GDPR.
Further information about the data protection offered by MailChimp can be found at:
You may cancel your newsletter subscription and revoke your consent to the storage of this data at any time with future effect. For instructions to take this step, please refer to the confirmation email and each newsletter we send.
Collection and use of Non-Personal Information
The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit this Website;
As you browse through our web site, our web server collects information about your visit, we gather and monitor statistics such as:
- The number of people who visit our site
- The date and time of visits
- The number of pages viewed
- The time spent on the site
- The most popular sections of our site
This information helps us monitor traffic on our Website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
Security of Information
At www.delganygolfclub.com we understand how important the security and confidentiality of your information is to you. Keeping users information secure is a top priority for Delgany Golf Club. Our goal is to protect your information on the Internet in the same way as we would our normal business information.
However, public internet email is a communication channel which cannot be guaranteed to be secure. As such, there are no guarantees that any email or its contents:
- will be delivered within a reasonable timeframe or at all,
- comes from the purported sender,
- has not been intercepted by a third party,
- are unaltered from the time of transmission.
As a result Delgany Golf Club cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of information relating to you passing over the Internet.
Your rights in relation to your data
- Right to be informed– ensures that all members are informed of any personal identifiable information being collected by the club on its members before said data is gathered
- Right to erasure – allows members to request personal data concerning him or her to be erased within a month of notification.
- Portability – extends members the right to receive personal data in an electronic format or transmit it to another controller (golf club) without hindrance.
- Subject access request – provides members with the right to obtain an electronic copy of any information recorded by the club relating to them.
- Rectification – members have the right to have personal data rectified where the data held by the club is incomplete or no longer accurate.
The right to withdraw consent – extends members the right to opt out of marketing and non-essential club communications
The contents of this Privacy Statement are subject to change and to being updated without notice from time to time.